Interested in becoming a certified USASF Legality Official for All Star Cheer and All Star Dance? Complete this form to be notified when dates and locations for the 2019-2020 season have been posted on the USASF website.
The USASF trains and certifies Legality Officials for All Star Cheer and All Star Dance on an annual basis. Certification term is based on each annual All Star season. Typically the season begins in the fall and extends through the spring, with most training courses taking place over the summer months at conferences and the USASF National Convention. Additionally, there is an option to take the course in September.
To receive certification, the Legality Official Candidates must
- Attend an in-person training session and attend all required sessions*
- Complete the Legality Official Certification test with a score of 80% or higher**
- Complete a background screening through the National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI) and receive a Green Light Screening Status using the designated USASF directions that you will recieve once you register.
- Complete and receive a passing score for the ConcussionWise course offered by the American Sports Education Program (ASEP). Legality official candidates who took this course for the 2017 and/or 2018 training do not need to take the course for 2019.
* For the 2018-2019 season (cheer and dance)
Veteran Legality Officials, who scored 90% (63+ points earned on the video portion) or better on the skills video portion of the legality test in 2017, will have the opportunity to test out for the upcoming season based on certain requirements. Eligible candidates will receive an email on or about May 15th with details and exact test dates. If you do NOT receive the email, please send an inquiry to the appropriate email address below. Please read the following details about this option:
- Available option for both Cheer and Dance Legality Officials
- Must have scored a 90% on the skills video portion or higher on the first attempt in 2017
- Must complete online webinar and then online test
- Registration Fees: $125 for on-time registration and $175 late
- If candidate does not pass they will be able to attend a Legality Official Class/Test in-person at no additional cost.
** New for the 2018-2019 season (cheer only)
Testing will be video only. There will be no written portion of the test this year.
Candidates will be required to score an 80% or higher to be certified.
Provisional certification will be awarded to those who score between 70% and 79%. Candidates who score between this range have shown an excellent base knowledge of the rules and meet the requirements of being a USASF Provisionally Certified Legality Official. We do suggest that these candidates be paired with a veteran judge.
For questions or additional information on Legality Official Training:
Cheer Legality Official Course questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dance Legality Official Course: email@example.com